Website The Health Education and Resources Institute
Engaging, Connecting, and Empowering Communities
About The Health Education and Resources Institute (THEARI)
The Health Education and Resources Institute (THEARI) is an independent 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization. Since 2002, THEARI has been committed to supporting the creation of health-conscious and educated communities served by a diverse and competent healthcare workforce. Within an innovative framework, THEARI partners to create and implement inclusive healthcare education programs addressing the dynamic needs of students, healthcare providers, and communities. Our programs and goals allow us to improve the distribution of the healthcare workforce, create educational opportunities to address the healthcare needs of our communities, and increase the diversity in health disciplines while connecting students to careers, professionals to communities, and communities to better health.
Overview of the Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant supports THEARI’s team with general administrative, financial, and programmatic tasks. Responsibilities include public-facing support; planning of special projects and events; assisting with worksite wellness initiatives; calendaring; organizational purchasing, tracking, and reimbursement; grant log maintenance and tracking; and marketing and outreach. The Administrative Assistant is creative and enjoys working within a small, team-based environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and health-oriented. The Administrative Assistant will work independently on projects and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
This position may require occasional evening and weekend hours.
Details: This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Company-provided health plan, worksite wellness program benefits, paid time off and holidays, and a professional development budget are included. No further benefits are provided.
Compensation for this position is $20.00 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
General Administrative Support
- Answers incoming phone calls and greeting and directing customers (when on site), and receiving, processing, and/or delivering organizational mail, when needed
- Assists with staff meeting preparations and document sharing
- For events and meetings, coordinates attendance/registration, catering, the ordering of gifts, audiovisual equipment, computer equipment, room setup, and all necessary paperwork and printing well in advance. Ensures that all who need pertinent information receive it in a timely manner. In case of changes to meeting times or locations, notifies all parties.
- Assists with special projects such as: organizing materials, gathering data, consulting with information sources, research, photocopying, assembling Board and new-hire binders, marketing materials packing, and related activities
- Assists with organization’s worksite wellness initiatives
- Coordinates and schedules the calendar of appointments for the Executive Director
- Coordinates employee benefits and organizational insurance policies
- Assists with organizational purchases and reimbursements, and supports associated documentation
- Communicates with program participants regarding payments, balances, and account status
- Assists with the maintenance of the grant management log and contract compliance checklists to ensure accurate deliverables, reporting, and compliance
- Assists with All of Us program promotion to students and partners
- Assists with enrolling students in online RN and LPN Refresher courses and troubleshoots access, communicates with students, and arranges final exam
- Assists with Regional Health Connector program oversight and compliance, data collection, reporting, and outreach
Other duties as assigned.
Manages assigned responsibilities and daily schedule in partnership with and receiving general supervision from the Deputy Director.
Education and Experience-
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in public health, education, or related field preferred
- Previous work experience in an office environment, reporting to multiple managers, and/or managing large administrative projects is preferred
- Interest and/or field experience in public health or education
- Experience working as both part of a team, and working independently
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities-
- Flexible, collaborative, and an ability to anticipate needs and priorities
- Uses tact and diplomacy when handling incoming and outgoing communications and matters requiring discretion
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional interpersonal skills, customer-service oriented, and efficient use of resources
- Strong, demonstrated critical thinking, organizing and problem-solving skills. Ability to manage competing priorities, to troubleshoot and prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and manage workflow and workload
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Teams), video conferencing, and fluent navigation of the internet required
Valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and reliable transportation.
Primarily sedentary work with occasional standing, walking, lifting, moving, and traveling to other departments or work sites. Requires ability to use hands, fingers, and arms for keyboarding, filing, telephone work, and operating office equipment greater than 75% of the time. Requires ability to push, pull, move, and/or lift 10-20 lbs. 0-25% of the time. Also, requires:
- Working in a home office and standard on-site business office environment
- Continuous use of PC equipment including keyboard and mouse
- Frequent use of video conference software and speakers or headphones
- Occasionally needs to work during scheduled off-hours (e.g. holidays, weekends, and evenings) to meet project commitments.
Requires adequate hearing to receive detailed oral information over the phone, online, and in-person. Requires ability to convey detailed spoken information to internal and external customers individually and in groups, over the phone, online, and in-person. Requires adequate visual acuity to use a computer screen and read written documents.
Remote home office and traditional office environment. Team-based and worksite wellness atmosphere.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
THEARI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, color, creed, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political ideology, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, or paternity, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Equal employment opportunity, as required by law, shall apply to all personnel actions including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, demotion, layoff or termination, working conditions, wages and salary administration, and employee benefits.
Due to COVID-19, the THEARI offices are currently closed, and all team members are working remotely. Any in person meetings, events, gatherings, or physical office visits require additional COVID-19 protocols. Should THEARI reopen their offices, the Administrative Assistant will be available to work on- and off-site. THEARI is at 10200 East Girard Ave. B131, Denver, CO 80231 and 303 E. 17th Ave, Suite 400, Denver, CO 80203.
To apply please submit application materials (including a resume, cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications, and a one-page statement describing your understanding of the health challenges in Colorado) to Sandra Kohl through our website HERE (http://centralcoahec.org/forms/view.php?id=74968). Review of resumes will continue until the position is filled.
THEARI is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position.
To apply for this job please visit centralcoahec.org.