Looking for ways to help during COVID-19?
- Description: AF Williams invites 2-3 students to help place outreach calls to socially isolated and vulnerable patients. The purpose will be to screen for community resource needs and connect with clinic as appropriate.
- Interested? Please email Olivia.Zarella@cuasnchutz.edu
Wish of a Lifetime Emergency Response Program Call List (remote) volunteer to call isolated seniors and conduct wellness checks. Conversation guide provided. Sign up here.
- Description: Currently the volunteer shifts are primarily working to create pre-made boxes of produce and other food goods to be given to those in need. Participants now will drive up and volunteers will place the box in their car to limit any contact. Metro Caring is very conscious of social distancing and is asking for volunteers who can dedicate at least 3-4 shifts each week.
Assist with PPE Donation Efforts: Volunteers will reference a master sheet of 1000 local businesses and will be calling businesses using a provided script, recording donations, and whether they would like us to pick up their PPE. Volunteers will also be needed to pick up PPE from businesses and drop it off at the Project CURE warehouse. This will include driving. All pickups/deliveries will be coordinated to be NO CONTACT to maximize everyone's safety. A calling/email script will be provided. Sign up here.
Card Making/Letter Writing to Patients at UCHealth, Denver Health, and Memorial Hospital (remote): Make cards to cheer up patients in the hospital! No min or max. Sign up here
Card Making for Environmental Services Crew at Denver Health (remote): Once you have cards made, email Katie Havranek email@example.com and she will coordinate with you directly (either to pick them up or arrange for you to mail them). Banners and posters will also be accepted.
South Dakota Tribes: The Keya Foundation, Inc. is requesting donations for the South Dakota Tribes including:
- Non-perishable food
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning products
- Masks and gloves
Please mail items to: Tracy Zacher, 3925 Hampton Ct., Rapid City, SD 57701
Send questions to: Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org
Sun Valley: is a central Denver neighborhood, bordered by I-25 and I-70. Sun Valley is in need of items to support their community during this time. Families have received a lot of great items to help them through this pandemic, and are now looking to grow their own food moving forward. Sun Valley families are requesting the following gardening items:
- Gardening soil
- Gardening pots for home gardening
Please mail items to: Shaina Burkett, DHA Human Service Program Specialist; 2617 W Holden Pl., Denver, CO 80204
Contact info to drop off items: email@example.com, Cell – 720 323 6486