The Colorado Center for Nursing Excellence Nurse Refresher students placed into medical facilities for clinical hours during the RN and LPN Refresher program Phase II must successfully complete a multifaceted background check prior to beginning. CNE has contracted with TruDiligence to conduct an investigation that includes the following information per medical facility requirements:
- SSN Trace
- 7-year County Criminal
- National Criminal Database
- National Sex Offender
- OFAC (Terrorist Watchlist)
- FACIS GSA/OIG Health and Human Services Federal Search
Background Check Tips
- Background screening will cost at minimum $26.99 and is based on student provided information. Checks run for those with multiple states of residence or aliases will be charged accordingly for the additional research needed.
- Before beginning, be sure to gather all related information you may need including dates of school attendance and addresses, and employment information.
- Do not email your background check results to CNE. Authorized staff have direct access to your report in order to attest successful completion to your clinical site.
To ensure compliance with numerous medical facility requirements in the State of Colorado, CNE Nurse Refresher students placed into clinicals during the RN or LPN Refresher program Phase II must successfully complete a 10-panel drug screen with at minimum the following prior to beginning any clinical hours:
- Cannabis (Marijuana)
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
CNE has contracted with TruDiligence for the convenience of its students. The cost will be $40.00 paid directly to TruDiligence with numerous LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics collection sites throughout the state.
If you have any questions, please contact us at Refresher@ColoradoNursingCenter.org.