Our State Board of Nursing approved courses are online, independent study courses designed with your needs in mind. Flexible formats allow you to update your nursing knowledge and skills while working within your busy schedule to get your license reinstated. No travel required!
- For Registered Nurses whose licenses have been expired for 5+ years
- One full year to complete
- Interactive modules and course content
- Pre-hospital practice scenarios and case reviews
- Access to program staff through email, phone, or video conferencing
- Engage with fellow students through discussion board and monthly virtual open house sessions
- Many students eligible to complete clinical experiences and demonstrate competency through Virtually Simulated Clinicals*. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
Join our efforts in Leading Change today!
*Nurses whose license has been inactive for 5-10 years may complete 100% of their requisite clinicals with simulation. Nurses whose license has been inactive for more than 10 years may complete up to 75% of their requisite clinicals with simulation.
Have questions about reinstating your nursing license? Contact us at email@example.com or 720-699-7833
You will have 12 months from when you receive your logins to finish phase 1 and phase 2 of the course.
Online Programs Used:
Moodle: The Moodle Learning Management System hosts phase one, the didactic theory portion of the course. The course is designed to develop and strengthen critical thinking skills and consists of four modules including assigned readings, interactive case studies, self-assessments, and additional resources.
NovEx: NovEx virtual simulation (v-sim) is an asynchronous online case-based learning experience. V-sim is integrated throughout the RN Refresher modules which allows students to practice and demonstrate required competencies and best practices required for re-licensure. Learn more about NovEx here.
Course modules include:
Module One - Current Concepts in Nursing Theory
Module Two - Therapeutic Advances
Module Three - Systems Review and Current Trends (includes NovEx v-sim)
Module Four - Contemporary Issues
Module Five - Clinical Practicum
Complete the following:
Register for Course
Instructions on how to get started will be sent to you by the Professional Education Team, including login information for the course.
Estimated Cost $130.00
After passing the exam, you will need to complete the following:
Colorado State Board of Nursing Fingerprint Background Check
Price determined by fingerprinting agency.
Drug Screen and Background Check (Only if participating in in-person clinicals)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
NOTE: We do not accept any other background check or drug screens.
Required Documents/Information (Only if participating in in-person clinicals)
For your security, do not send these items via regular email. Please contact us to have them delivered securely.
Copy of previous license
Proof of professional liability insurance
Proof of current Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association
Proof of current immunizations or titers:
- Hepatitis B
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
- Tetanus Diphtheria and Pertussis (T-DAP)
- Chicken Pox
- Flu Vaccine
- Complete COVID-19 vaccination series
Proof of current Tuberculosis (TB) test
- The clinical experience is individualized for the student based on their background, education and work environment.
- The experience is a contract between the student, healthcare facility, and assigned preceptor. This practicum is arranged with the support of the Clinical Coordinator.
- An Education Agreement between THEARI and the healthcare facility must be created before the experience begins.
- The State Board of Nursing (SBON) must assign a temporary nursing license which reads "Active-Refresher Only" before students may begin their clinical experience.
- Students are required to submit a copy of this license to THEARI prior to starting clinicals.
- The student must also apply for a permanent license to the SBON at this time.